AMCP Foundation Virtual Preceptors
Allergan Plc, Genentech, Inc. Pfizer, Inc. and the AMCP Foundation, together offer nine unique internships in Manged Care and Association Management. These immersive experiences provide participants’ with an introduction to the managed care pharmacy profession and help them develop research, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Most participants are usually placed at PBMs, health plans, or employer sites, as well as, Allergan, Genentech, Pfizer and the AMCP Foundation with an on-site preceptor. Participants in the Pfizer program are paired with Medical Outcomes Specialists (MOS) and all programs offer peer-to-peer interaction with intern alumni as part of the Intern Exchange Program.
To enhance exposure in the programs, the AMCP Foundation is seeking virtual preceptors for the summer of 2020.
What is a virtual preceptor?
Virtual preceptors prepare interns for Day 1, while also staying engaged after the internship to extend the guidance period, so that interns receive coaching before and after their actual 10-week internship. Must be a pharmacist/managed care professional with practice, teaching (faculty/mentoring/educator/preceptor), and/or management experience and an AMCP Member.
What is the time commitment for the virtual preceptor?
The estimated time commitment is one hour or less per week for the duration of the internship.
What is expected of a virtual preceptor? Specific expectations are:
- Prepare a suggested reading list (6-8 readings)
- Educate your intern on AMCP and Foundation resources available through membership
- Contact your intern weekly to check-in - via email or any communication platform you choose
- Hold a 30-minute conference call with your intern halfway through the internship
- Review your intern's draft abstract and poster for presentation at AMCP Nexus
- Relay any feedback or concerns to AMCP Foundation staff on an ongoing basis, and complete a post-program evaluation.
Virtual preceptors will be paired with 1-2 interns and as a token of appreciation you will receive an "Intern Preceptor" ribbon at AMCP national meetings.
This is a great opportunity directly contribute to the Foundation's strategic initiative "Promote Education and Outreach"!
Questions? Contact Ebony Clay.
Learn more about AMCP Foundation Internships.