Call for National P&T Competition Judges
Would you like to help groom the next generation of managed care leaders? Consider serving as a judge for the AMCP Foundation 19th Annual National Student Pharmacist P&T Competition!
As a thank you for their time and effort, all judges receive a complimentary non-transferable registration to the 2019 AMCP Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy Annual Meeting in San Diego.
Judges are asked to:
- Commit to meeting all P&T Competition judging deadlines. This is critical. Please do not volunteer if you have any conflicts with the specific timeframes listed below.
- Review the case study and team assignments thoroughly.
- Become familiar with the competition drug, therapeutic area, and manufacturer dossier.
- Review and evaluate written materials submitted by student pharmacist teams, including an individual drug review formulary monograph and P&T Committee PowerPoint presentation.
- Score materials based on criteria and rubrics provided by the AMCP Foundation.
- Remain objective towards team submission, without bias towards any particular team.
- You must be available for both rounds of semi-finals judging. You will be assigned 4-6 competition entries during each round.
- Semi-finals judging round 1: February 1 to February 11, 2019 (scores must be submitted by February 11)
- Semi-finals judging round 2: February 15 to February 25, 2019 (scores must be submitted by February 25)
- Estimated time commitment: Minimum 10-12 hours.
Judging National Finals (Before and During the 2019 AMCP Annual Meeting in San Diego)
- Between March 4 and March 18, you will evaluate and score the entries from top-scoring teams.
- At the AMCP Annual Meeting, you will evaluate and score live presentations from top-scoring teams. You must be available all day on Tuesday, March 26 (i.e., willing to miss all events and sessions before 5:00 pm is necessary).
- Estimated time commitment: Minimum 8-12 hours before the Annual Meeting; up to 10 hours during the Annual Meeting.
Desired Background Skills of Judges
- Experience in managed care pharmacy industry.
- Familiarity with P&T process at health plans and/or PBMs.
- Exceptional drug information experience.
- Familiarity and experience with economic models.
- We regret that due to confidentiality considerations regarding the drug dossier, we are unable to accept judges who are employed by the pharmaceutical industry.
Volunteers must apply by January 18 and will be notified after that date.
Learn more about the AMCP Foundation National Annual P&T Competition